Wednesday 28 April 2010

Where there's a will, there's a way

For the last ten days I have been on a journey of self-indulgence. Having time for myself and time to cater to my every whim and fancy. I have been reading my way through several transporting novels, going for leisurely strolls through sun-drenched parks, catching up on my favourite cooking shows and obviously spending a lot of time baking and creating in my kitchen.


Today was more of the same and after spending some time with the Corleone family in their world of guns, girls and offers you can't refuse, watching the last instalment of the Delicious Miss Dahl, and having a healthy lunch in the sunny back garden, I decided to set myself a bit of a challenge. Parisian Macarons. These delicate and delicious little confectioneries have been a bit of a nemesis of mine. I have tried and failed to make them on plenty of occasions. They are some of the trickiest cookies in the pastry world and have sent some of the most seasoned of bakers running for the hills. But today, I was not going to admit defeat!


My two top authorities on making macarons are Tartelette and Cannelle et Vanille and it is with their help, tips and recipes that I ended my day with a victory. As soon as I piped all of the little circles onto the lined sheets, I knew that this time it was going to work. Not too runny and not too stiff, my macarons started forming their little "feet" and did not show any cracks. They might not be as perfect as the ones made by Piere Herme, but to me they were the best macarons in my perfect little world :)

No comments:

Post a Comment