Monday 3 October 2011

Looks who's back!

So, I don't know if I'm breaking the rules here by coming back to a blog after such a long time of nothingness. If I am, let me say, I'm sorry. If I'm not, let me say, I'm back!!!!


Big changes have happened in my life in the past year and a half, I have gone back to working 9-5 in an office and a few months ago, I became mummy to a gorgeous, cheeky little baby boy. I have welcomed these changes, but they have unfortunately meant that I have had very little time for being creative in the kitchen and keeping up with this blog. However, now that my life has settled back into some sort of normal, I have taken my kitchen by storm again and I hope to share some of my creations with you once again. To give you a taster, I recently baked a deliciously moist and dense sour-cream chocolate cake, topped with my first attempt at making sugarpaste roses. I adapted my favourite cheesecake recipe to make a massive batch of mini cheesecakes to take with me when I went to husband's work to introduce them to our little guy.


I also baked several batches of flapjacks, choc-chip and oatmeal cookies and dulce de leche filled banana muffins, I just didn't take pictures of them before they vanished into hungry tummies. I also took on the challenge to bake a traditional Polish Sernik Wiedenski (Vienna cheesecake), which involves milling a boiled potato with sweet, white cheese (specially purchased at out local Polish deli) and then mixed with crazy amounts of eggs, sugar, flour and vanilla and baked to create a crumbly and fluffy cheesecake. Again, no pictures of this one, sorry!

Now that I'm back in the wonderland that is my kitchen, there will be no stopping me and I can hardly wait to share what I'll be baking next!
See you soon...


No comments:

Post a Comment