Monday 9 July 2012

Obsessions

I mentioned in my previous post that I have fallen in love with crochet again, but to be honest with you, I have become slightly obsessed with it! If I have a spare moment I immediately go for my crochet hook, or read something on the internet about someone else's crochet project or visit one of my local yarn shops. I even found a local group of ladies that meet every Saturday in a coffee shop to have a chat and crochet, and I had made up my mind to join them this weekend.


 After cooking and eating a hearty breakfast I packed my latest project in my bag and very happily set off to go and meet these like-minded ladies. But, before I even got down the street, the Heavens opened up in all of its glory. I was soaked to the bone within seconds and had to run like mad to get home and under shelter. I wasn't going anywhere, any time soon.

Needless to say, I was feeling ever so slightly sorry for myself and was in need of some cheering up. Lucky then that P came up with the great idea to go to one of our favourite places, the RAF museum! I love this place, giant old hangers filled with all sorts of amazing planes to admire and lots excited kids (of all ages) running around, having fun. There was even a brass band playing under the enormous wings of a plane to add to the wonderful atmosphere. With Little T staring wide-eyed at it all and smiling form ear to ear, it wasn't very long before I had completely forgotten that my morning had started out less than perfect.



Hopefully everything will work out next time and I will make it to the crochet group, but until then I am happy to carry on working on my colourful little granny squares, to play with Little T and I will even make some time to bake something too!

No comments:

Post a Comment